Saturday, February 13, 2010

Delicious Jalapeno Jelly

I love Jalapeno Jelly!! It is simply delicious! I first tried it at my favorite Mexican restaurant and that is where my love affair began. I love jalapeno jelly with Jalapeno Cheese Poppers, I love it with cream cheese and crackers, I love it on quesadillas, I love it with roast beef.......you get the picture. I LOVE IT!! Last Saturday, Leigh and I whipped up a batch and it turned out fabulously. The recipe is listed below for any who wish to dive into this tasty treat.


Jalapeno Jelly Recipe:
14 jalapeno peppers (seeded)
4 sweet red peppers
3 cups of vinegar
10 cups of sugar
2 pouches of pectin
Grind all of the peppers with the vinegar in a food processor or blender. Put in a big pot and bring to a boil. Add sugar. Boil for five minutes and remove from heat. Add pectin. Return to heat and hard boil for 1-2 minutes. Put into hot jars and process for 10 minutes. Makes approximately 8 pints. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I had been buying it...first time at Christmas...didn't think about homemade..YUM. I added rasp. jelly to mine for a little more sweetness over cream cheese...it was sooo good. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharring importent information in this blog.
    It was very nice.
    Aşk flashları,yazılı soruları'new generation portal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...